Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

Halloween, this year, started out with costume day and little party at school.  I'm lucky enough to get to help in Soph's class, so I got to see all the kids dressed up and watch their little parade around the school.  There were some pretty creative costumes! Sophia loves Batman, but not the current Batman, the 60's TV show Batman. It's usually a show we watch as a family every night before we wind down for bed.  It's pretty hilarious.  Because of that, she has had her heart set on being Batgirl since this Summer.
My bat kids

The original Batgirl and Sophia.  She was very insistent that we flip her hair out, just like the real Batgirl.

Before dinner I took the kids over to my parents to trick or treat a few of the neighbors.  We happened to be there at the same time as Bennett, so Soph and B trick or treated a few houses together.  We love B!

Kayla was the lucky first house the kids trick or treated

After my parents house we went over to the Thompson's to trick or treat with Baylie and Kaleb.  Sophia is not thrilled with trick or treating.  I think it's a combination of being shy around strangers and not being able to keep up with Baylie's older neighbor kids.  The past few years have been kind of a let down for her.  She was thrilled with her 15 pieces of candy though.  (which is great with me!)
Soph and Baylie (a vampire girl)

Sophia and Kaleb both quit early, so they came back and sorted their candy together

Our girl and her loot

2 comments:

  1. Love that first picture... their outfits and Lincoln's adorable smile! Also love the story of Sophia's costume. She makes a great bat girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! I love their coordinating costumes! Tell Sophia she can have some of Alivias candy if she wants more:). I have been throwing it away because I keep eating it!

    ReplyDelete