Hood to Coast has been on my bucket list since the first time Matt ran it, about 11 years ago. I have never been a runner, I used to dread running the annual mile (yes, 1 mile) that we were required to run for softball. So I knew it would be a lot of work to get my body ready. Matt has been running on a Hood to Coast team with our family friends for the past few years, but this year he gave up his spot so that I could run with them. I had a great time! I had leg 10 which meant I ran a 5 miler (at 4pm on Friday), a 7 miler (at 3:45am on Saturday), and a 3.5 miler (at 3pm Saturday). I also ran all of them in under my goal time! Hopefully next year the team will have room for both Matt and I so we can run it together.
Amy passing off to me for my first run
Nate giving Brian water on his run. Brian ran his whole 7.5 mile run in this banana costume!
Our decorated van. The poop tally was a pretty big hit with other teams
Crossing the finish line
Lisa's Rusty Runners
Lisa, front and center, is who our team was running for. She has been battling brain cancer for the past year, and she wanted to try and run as much as she could. She ran almost 3 miles of one of her legs! She is incredible!
Van 2 rocks!
Lincoln was thrilled to see me at the finish line. Can't you tell?
Ice cream was a great way to end the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment