Friday, September 6, 2013

The first week of school...

With Sophia starting a brand new school and not knowing anyone this year, I anticipated a bumpy first day.  She did great until it was time for Matt and I to leave her classroom, then she got sad.  Then I got sad.  We did a quick goodbye, then I cried myself all the way down the hall and out the front door.  By 10 am her teacher had left me a Facebook message saying Soph was doing great and had no tears, which I knew would happen.  Kids are amazing!  Day 2 went better because we found out there is a little that moved into a house at the top of our hill this summer, and is in first grade.  Sophia was so excited to have a bus buddy, and really hasn't looked back since that first day.  She tells us little bits about her days at school, but won't go into great detail.  We know she loves her technology special, and likes getting to eat lunch in the cafeteria.

The best I could get of the two of them on the first day

At her new desk

Running off the bus on the first day

No comments:

Post a Comment